Victory Development Group
Valued. Respected. Trusted.
Victory Development Group was formed by three Grand Rapids professionals with expertise in construction, business management, finance and residential housing.
Compass Insurance Agency
Jack Hoedeman is CEO of Compass Insurance Agency. His career history has given Jack the opportunity to deal in a hands-on manner with corporate buyers, CEOs, business owners, and the buying public. He feels comfortable presenting material one-on-one, in a boardroom, or giving a speech in front of 1000 stockholders.
Jack’s 20+ years of risk management, entrepreneurship, and leadership running businesses has provided him with the ability to leverage opportunities and consistently deliver results.
Victory Development Group | Partner
2020 – Present
Negotiated and acquired 41,000 building on 1.2 acres for development.
- Performed due diligence for suitability of development
- Assembled a team of experienced experts for development
- Created development checklist to assess risk and assign duties based on team members area of expertise
280 Ann LLC | President
2017 – Present
Complete renovation of a 15,000 square foot office space.
- Land acquisition and renovation under $100 per foot
- Increased value of property by $1M in 36 months
Compass Insurance Agency | CEO
2009 – Present
Jack Hoedeman leveraged his decades of experience to create a national multi-million-dollar insurance agency. Compass/Jack has experienced explosive growth and has been nationally recognized for his innovation, growth, and management.
- Built a startup agency into a national $18MM entity
- Developed an online resource portal to provide on-demand resources to his 35+ employees
- 2-Time Agency of the future award winner from Liberty Mutual
- Nationally recognized for leadership and crisis management during COVID
Hamrick Investment Group
Brian Hamrick is the owner of Hamrick Investment Group. He began investing in single-family homes in 2002 and during the Great Recession in 2008, Brian purchased his first multifamily property.
Ever since Brian has been working with private investors to buy and sell over 450 apartment units; 43,000 sq. ft. of self-storage space; 15,000 sq. ft. of office space; 6,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space, as well as over 200 residential performing and non-performing notes.
In 2012, Brian founded Hamrick Investment Group (HIG) to help other qualified investors take advantage of the lucrative returns real estate has to offer.
Today, Hamrick Investment Group has over 40 active investors, $32M+ in acquisitions, and provides access to passive investments in cash-flowing assets and high-yield real estate developments.
- Former President of the West Michigan Rental Property Owners Association (RPOA)
- Owner and spokesman of the “Rental Property Owner & Real Estate Investor Podcast”, which boasts over one million listens throughout the world, and averages over 900 listens per day
Brad Laackman is President and CEO of Honor Construction. Brad is a Veteran of the United States Navy who offers significant experience in the construction of commercial facilities. As Honor’s CEO, Brad is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company, working with the Board and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
Brad is actively involved in many community organizations including the West Michigan Minority Contractors Association and Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Brad is also a founder of Folds Grand Rapids – a 501C-3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational scholarships to the families of fallen Veterans. Given his active participation in these organizations, Honor Construction is incredibly committed to involving veteran-owned and minority-owned trade contractors in projects.
Honor Construction | President/CEO
2009 – Present
Based in Grand Rapid’s West Side, we support projects in all of Michigan and surrounding adjacent states.
- Senior Housing
- Multi-Use Spaces
- Light Industrial
Education & Training
- United States Navy Veteran
- B.S. Degree, Construction Management, Architecture and Business, Ferris State University
- M.B.A., Business Management, Northwood University
- 30-hour OSHA Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) Certified
Victory on Leonard
A $16 million Mixed-Use residential ground-up development in the western edge of Leonard St in Grand Rapids.
4-Story, Stick Built
Located at 900 Leonard St NW, the 4-story, stick-built 120-unit market-rate building will bring a new residential product to an area starting to see new growth while maintaining a historical neighborhood feel. The building will have all the amenities expected in today’s world while also designed and managed with all the COVID precautions. Rooftop terrace, bike storage, self-storage, and workout facility is also supported with 100 surface parking spaces and EV charging stations.
Per the recent City of Grand Rapids housing study, there exists a shortage of 5,000 residential units in Grand Rapids. Therefore, we expect demand for the Victory will be high as Leonard St likely represents the next development area in the city.
For inquiries or questions fill out our short contact form.